Sunday, December 3, 2006

The "Back on the road to pay for my divorce" tour

Last night Rachel and I, along with Traci and Seth, went to see Sara Evans at the Civic Center Theater. It was one of her first shows since getting divorced and leaving Dancing with the Stars. It was my first time seeing her in concert and I was really impressed. She's one of those few artists that actually sounds just as good live as she does on her albums. Her cousin who lives in the area was sitting in the row ahead of us. Let's just say it's apparent which side of the family got the good looks. (Hint: it's not the chick who lives in North Pekin.) At one point in the show she talked about having everyone over to her house for Thanksgiving this year. She recounted how one night she fell asleep next to her grandmother just like she did as a child. This was followed up by an innebriated woman that cried out with a classy "Incest!" comment. I must have missed the part of the story when she said they made out. At another point in the concert she asked all the women who were there with a sexy man to stand up. I looked over expecting Rach to bolt from her seat. Her and Traci just sat there. You would have thought that it was as difficult a task as Britney Spears locating her panties. Seventeen minutes later they finally stood up. Oh and the night wouldn't be complete without telling you that Traci tripped over a large mountain of snow as we were leaving and found herself facedown on Jefferson Avenue. Classic.

Set List
Perfect
I Keep Looking
Suds in the Bucket
Born To Fly
You'll Always Be My Baby
Bible Story
Cheatin'
Let It Snow
Coalmine
New Hometown
I Could Not Ask For More
Real Fine Place To Start

Encore
On The Radio
(Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
Heaven Is A Place On Earth

No comments: