Thursday, December 28, 2006

29 and counting

Everyone feels the need to keep reminding me that each day I'm inching closer and closer to 30. I don't know if I'm supposed to be bothered by this or not. So far it's no big deal. I mean I'm married, almost a father of two, and have purchased a van now. Ya I get it. My days of sitting at the Lucky Lady making fun of Chi O's are officially over. I can barely make it through the first fifteen minutes of Grey's Anatomy these days before falling asleep. 3:00 a.m. runs to Perkins seem a distant memory.

So imagine my surprise last night as we were checking out at Target. The teenage girl was scanning our items when she stopped midway to ask for my I.D. I looked at her curiously to which she responded "I need to make sure you're old enough to purchase this children's cough syrup" which she held in one hand. I asked her how old one had to be as I handed over my license to which she responded 18. I may be almost three decades old but to this girl I didn't even look old enough to buy a pack of smokes. You've gotta love the youth of America.

No comments: