Tuesday, December 26, 2006

It's the thought that counts?

I complained last week about several of the Christmas gifts given to me by my students. Well yesterday I saw a gift that might be right on par with those. Thankfully the gift wasn't for me this time. Instead my grandparents were forced to come up with some fake gratitude. My uncle's girlfriend handed them a gift bag and they pulled out a box of microwave popcorn. She said to keep looking and they dug through the tissue paper. After a few seconds of searching they came across a baggie full of Sweet and Low packets. The kicker was that she works at Bob Evans and swiped them from the storage room in the back. I guess I can't fault her because it really is a money-saving idea. Next year all of my loved ones are getting Post-It notes and number two pencils that I stole from the school office.

No comments: