Friday, December 22, 2006

Unnecessary

Our cell phone contract is up so today I called Verizon to check about switching over. We got a really good deal but then the guy tried to sell me on all of the extra services, like a text message plan, roadside assistance, insurance, and a car charger. The one he was pushing the hardest was the mobile Internet capability. I told him it wasn't something we'd really use. Not taking no for an answer, he continued, "Well what if you need to look up movie times? What if you need to order concert tickets? Suppose you need to update your blog." I really started believing that Pablo on the other end was actually an acquaintance of mine. Before I could really start figuring out how I knew this guy, he went down the absurd route.

"What if your car broke down in the desert and you needed to look up the closest mechanic?"
"What if you got lost on the way to the opera and needed to find directions?"
"What if you were making Christmas dinner and needed to look up a recipe?"

Are these common problems that people have while driving around in their vehicles? I guess it might come in handy if I ever drove off the side of a bridge and needed to look up the best way to escape from my rapidly sinking car. Other than that I have no use for it. To which Pablo next tried to sell me an Orange County Choppers cell phone case. Now that my friend I couldn't pass up.

No comments: