Sunday, February 18, 2007

The John and Jessica tour of, um, love? Seriously?

Now I could blog about how great John Mayer was live last night. But I must admit I missed out on about four songs halfway through his set when a certain divorced, former MTV reality star magically appeared behind the sound board. Now I'm nowhere near a Simpson fan, but I was transfixed watching her struggle with the lyrics as she attempted to sing along. After about three songs she was bored and proceeded to play with her hair for the next thirty minutes. Anytime she even remotely glanced in our direction the girl in front of me waved wildly. But alas Jessica was only there to support her man and in no way wanted to take the spotlight off of him (ya right.) I mean what couple doesn't want to spend a Saturday night together in Bloomington, Illinois? I find them to be something of a good match because you can't listen to either of them speak for very long. I doubt their love for linguistics is what brought them together.

Set List

Vultures
Good Love Is On The Way
Why
Georgia
I Don't Trust Myself (With Loving You)
Clarity
Waiting on the World to Change
The Heart of Life
Bigger Than My Body
I'm Gonna Find Another You
Belief
No Such Thing
Gravity

Encore

Bold As Love
Your Body Is A Wonderland

Neon

No comments: