Friday, February 23, 2007

Dancing with people who look vaguely familiar

So yesterday the line-up for this season's Dancing with the Stars was announced. Now this is a show that I despise on many levels. I hate the costumes, the judges, the host, and especially the dancing. My real problem with it is the "stars" that it showcases. Now I understand that the first couple of seasons it's hard to get big-name talent, but now it's a huge hit going into its fourth season. I don't expect to see Denzel Washington or Jennifer Aniston doing a samba, but I do expect to see bigger stars than Billy Ray Cyrus, Leeza Gibbons, and Steve Sanders from 90210. It's pretty sad when your biggest celebrity is Heather Mills-McCartney, the gold-digging, one-legged ex-wife of the greatest singer/songwriter of all time. So to help the show become a bit more respectable I've brainstormed a few suggestions of stars they should try to land in upcoming seasons:

* Jerry Maguire child star Jonathan Lipnicki

* My second grade teacher Miss Fryman

* Jason Alexander, Britney Spears' 55 hour husband

* Sporty Spice

* Jaleel White, Urkel from Family Matters

* One of the remaining non-Academy Award nominated members of Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch

* Magic, the dog from those Old Navy commercials

* John Wayne Bobbit, the man whose wife cut off his penis

* Haylie Duff, Hilary's even more untalented sister

* Sandy, my favorite barista from Starbucks

* Mambo No. 5 singer Lou Bega

* The Soup Nazi

* Connie Chung

* Isaac Hanson, the oldest member of the singing Hanson family

* The San Diego Chicken

* MC Skat Kat from Paula Abdul's Opposites Attract video

* American Idol first season host Brian Dunkleman

* Lark Voorhees, Saved By The Bell's Lisa Turtle

* The elderly woman from the "I've fallen and I can't get up" commercial (if she's still with us)

No comments: