Thursday, February 15, 2007

Dirty Valentine's Day memories

Today I was getting ready to head home from school as the janitor was cleaning my room. Now she is your quintessential custodian, a rough-looking 40-something skank from the rough side of the tracks. She is one of those people you dread running into so much that if you hear her coming down the hall you quickly pull out your cell phone and begin talking to your imaginary friend. I mean I've had to endure conversations ranging from the cool new movie she rented last weekend (Men in Black) to her daughter's tampon purchasing decisions (cardboard or plastic applicator?). So today as I was leaving I let out a very innocent "Have a good night." A smirk came across her face as she responded "Oooh I did last night" before bursting into a hearty laugh. Without even thinking I let out a quite rude "Ewww" before racing towards the exit doors. It was only by the grace of God that I didn't vomit back up my microwave roast beef dinner from lunch.

No comments: