Thursday, October 12, 2006

Step-by-step directions from a dirty old man

I will preface this post by saying that Rachel was mortified that I would even write this for fear that it was crude. So to my goody two shoes friends (you know who you are) you might want to stop reading now. So last night at church Aubrey and Sarah were way too excited to have me help out at a station where the kids would be making their own bouncy balls. Now it's actually a cool little activity where you pour different colored powder into molds, add a bit of water, and let it dry for a while. And sure enough it actually worked and the kids loved them. However, I'm certain the directions were written by a pervert. For instance, after letting the ball dry for three minutes in the mold it says to "Open the mold. Your balls will be sticky, so let the balls sits on waxed paper for about two more minutes to dry." I mean, c'mon already. Then the final step says "It is best to store your balls in a small plastic bag when not in use to keep them soft and bouncy." To which my prim and proper, English-bred wife (who if you remember thought I was being crude) replied "Kind of like a ball sack" before she dissolved into giggles, proud of her own little pun. Maybe next week the kids will enjoy the Oscar Mayer weiner maker.

No comments: