Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Something a little fishy

Remember the old days when a student would bring a shiny apple to school for the teacher and she would display it proudly at the edge of her desk? Ya well I think those days are gone. Today one of my students brought me in an unexpected gift. Now he is one of those kids that I refer to as a 50/50 student because half of the time you really love him while the other half of the time he will drive you crazy. Yesterday I asked him how his weekend was and he told me that he went finishing with his dad and caught nine trout. I tend not to believe a whole lot of what he says after he told me that he went to batting practice with Albert Pujols and visited the Great Wall of China (on separate days of course). So today he walks in to our class with a large baggie of fish and says "Here's some trout for you, Mr. Ritchason." I peer inside and notice that there are four huge fish minus their heads. This will go down as the most unusual although unexplainably charming gift that I've ever gotten from a student.

No comments: