Tuesday, October 10, 2006

On to New York

So on Sunday my friend Seth and I headed down to St. Louis for game 4 of the National League Division Series to watch the Cardinals beat the Padres and move on to the NLCS against the Mets. The coolest part of the whole experience, however, were our seats. We were just a handful of rows behind the Cardinals dugout, which has now spoiled me for life. Even Ben Affleck doesn't get seats this good at Fenway. Now granted we got stuck listening to the play-by-play of these die-hards that were under the impression that they had a direct line to LaRussa himself. By the third inning they were even finalizing the pitching rotation for the upcoming series (For those keeping score at home they'd go with Weaver, Wainwright, Suppan, and Carpenter). The guy sitting next to me wasn't much better. For starters he resembled that guy from the DMB "Everyday" video that just goes around hugging everyone. The best part was that he smelled like a mix of Bud Light and body odor. Plus as an added bonus former Idol contestant Nikko Smith was there to sing the national anthem. It was an amazing experience that I won't soon forget. So here's hoping that Weaver and his 8-14 record can overcome the Mets in game 1 tomorrow night. I'm sure my buddies from the row behind me already have their scorecards ready.

No comments: