Thursday, March 23, 2006

Snow day

You would think that I was a little kid. I've been up ever since I got the phone call at 5:34 this morning that school was cancelled because of the six inches of snow we received overnight. I got to do all of those things I never have time to do in the morning. I drank a whole pot of coffee, ate a real breakfast that didn't consist of a Kudos bar, read the paper from front to back, and watched last night's Letterman. While Rachel was giving Ella a bath I walked across the street to vote in today's primary, identifying only three names on the ballot that even rang a bell. I mean McCullough sounds like a distinguished name for a judge so why not vote for him. Since Rachel had to work, Ella and I braved the elements and headed to Peoria. We rented a couple of movies (A History of Violence, The Squid and the Whale), grabbed a drink at Starbucks (venti vanilla latte), picked up a few necessities at the Bradley bookstore (hoodie, Sweet Sixteen t-shirt, Braves onesie), and bought a few items at Kroger (formula, baby food, cheese, Kleenex, hamburger buns, cookies, gummy worms). So now we're back home as Ella sleeps in her swing and I get ready to pop in a movie that most of you have never heard of. I could get used to this.

No comments: