Thursday, March 2, 2006

Random thoughts

.....So I chickened out telling a mom at parent/teacher conferences that her son needs to start wearing deodorant. I mean how do you tell a parent that her child makes the room smell like butt crack by 10:00 each morning.

.....When Oprah interviews people why does she always have to interject her two cents? We know that you were a poor black child in the South, yet I don't go around complaining that I was an anorexic looking asthmatic with awful hair when I was little.

.....I won several movie passes as part of an Oscar contest through the newspaper last year and still have two more to use by Saturday at a local theater. The problem is their lineup is less than Oscar-worthy. We have such soon-to-be AFI classics as Big Mama's House 2, Eight Below, and Doogal. I hope Rachel enjoy sCurious George.

.....We went out to dinner last night and sat Ella in the high chair at the end of the table. The 16 year old busboy walked by with a bucket of dirty dishes and banged her right in the head with it. Normally I'm a pretty calm, low key guy but c'mon. Needless to say we got our meal for free.

.....Why is the fact that Patrick Dempsey has dyslexia one of the top entertainment headlines? What next Guiliana? Sophia Bush has genital warts?

No comments: