Thursday, December 18, 2008

And the day just started

So it’s been a crazy busy morning so far. I was out on playground duty this morning and saw one of my students get out of her car and start walking my way. As she was walking a deep-voiced man in the car yelled her name but she didn’t hear it. It sounded like her mom’s boyfriend who picks her up from school on occasion. So I spoke up and said “Arianna, that guy in your car needs you.” She looked at my quizzically, glanced back at her car, and said “That’s my mom.” My mistake.

As soon as we got inside another girl brought up a note to me. It read:


Sydney has a bad cough. Sucking on things makes it better. I’ve sent her with a bag of suckers. Please let her eat as many of these as she needs to. This will help her throat feel better.

Yes, because having a student eating a never-ending supply of Blow Pops all day isn’t going to create any problems in the classroom.

No comments: