Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Keith and Carrie

Last night Rach and I went to the Civic Center to see Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood. It was a great show from two really talented performers. My dad and stepmom had also purchased separate tickets so from our seats we were trying to spot them. We found them sitting one section over from us but on the other side of the arena. Now my stepmom is far from a fashionista. She’s like the anti-Carrie Bradshaw. Her wardrobe basically consists of stone washed tapered jeans, white Reeboks, and a lavender Hanes Her Way sweatshirt. Last night she changed it up with a mango colored top. Rachel and I started cracking up because as the lights went down for the start of the show her sweatshirt actually glowed in the dark. It was a sea of black except for a fireball in the middle of section 12. It was like trying to spot Waldo in a group of habit-clad nuns. Not too difficult. At the start of Carrie’s set she slowly rose from beneath the stage. Now I still think of her as the small town girl tenderly singing “I Can’t Make You Love Me” at her Idol audition. Well she’s come a long way from Checotah, Oklahoma. As she appeared onstage she was wearing a tight black shirt, almost nonexistent black shorts, and tall black boots. Rachel leaned over and said “Look at her butt.” Oh, um, yes, I, uh, hadn’t noticed. There was a 50-something woman in the row ahead of us who sat completely still during Carrie’s hour-long set. It was a whole different story when Keith took the stage. She skyrocketed from her seat and began doing something that I can only refer to as making love with the air. She was gyrating in ways that would make even the Pussycat Dolls blush. It was a sight to behold.

Carrie Underwood Set List
Flat on the Floor
Wasted
Get Out Of This Town
The More Boys I Meet
Just A Dream
Jesus Take the Wheel
I Know You Won't
I Ain't In Checotah Anymore
Last Name
Don't Forget To Remember Me
Twisted
All-American Girl
So Small
Wheel of the World
Before He Cheats

Keith Urban Set List
Once In A Lifetime
Where The Black Top Ends
Shine
Faster Car
Raining On Sunday
Stupid Boy
Used To The Pain
You’re My Better Half
Making Memories Of Us
You'll Think of Me
I Told You So
Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around (with Carrie Underwood)
Days Go By
You Look Good In My Shirt
Tonight I Wanna Cry
Who Wouldn't Wanna Be Me
Somebody Like You

Encore
Got It Right This Time
Better Life
Everybody










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I think it might have been me in front of you!!! lol!! I'm 58 and always have the time of my life seeing Keith Urban!! He brings out the younger woman in me!! lol!! Loved your blog!!