Saturday, December 29, 2007

Smut

Last night Rach and I went to a wedding at church. At the reception we sat next to John and Letty and our friends Matt and Mindy. After a while talk turned to reality shows and Rachel admitted that she really got into this last cycle of The Bachelor. In the midst of the conversation our table was dismissed to go through the buffet line. As we were waiting our turn to grab plates and silverware Letty stated that The Bachelor was smut and a truly trashy show. Without missing a beat a man in front of us turned around and said "My daughter was on The Bachelor two years ago. She was one of the bachelorettes." At that point I had to look away because the expression on Letty's face was priceless and I was near the tipping point of unleashing the seal laugh. When we got back to the table I asked her if she needed help removing the foot from her mouth.

No comments: