Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Christmas pot

Today our school went to the Dragon's Dome to decorate trees for Christmas. As we were entering the building there were two old senior citizens getting ready to leave after a few strenuous laps around the track. One of the guys asked four of my boys "Are you going to be good here today?" to which they nodded. "Not going to be rowdy or anything?" he further pressed as the boys shook their head. This was followed up by a question that is often asked of third graders: "You didn't bring any weed did you?" Thoroughly confused by the old man, the boys looked at me. All I could come up with was a disgusted "Uh no" as I shoved them past the aged stoner. Later on as we were decorating our class tree I noticed that one of the branches was missing. Immediately I visualized the gray haired man puffing on some pine needles.

No comments: