Friday, July 20, 2007

The cable guy

The cable guy came out this morning to hook up everything to our new TV. He was a nice guy, explaining exactly what needed to be done as he connected various cables. However, as he was reaching behind the cable box he let out a fart. He and I both acted like nothing happened, but Ella yelled out "Boy toot." At that moment I wanted to slide underneath the couch. I grabbed Ella's cup from the floor, took her hand, and said "Why don't we go get some more juice." To get from the living room to the kitchen takes about five steps, but it seemed like hours as she kept repeating "Boy toot" over and over. Needless to say the guy rushed through the rest of the job without any further explanation, only asking for my signature on the bottom of the paperwork. I guess I don't blame him. He probably needed to find the nearest restroom.

No comments: