Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Battling a senior citizen

I was coming home from summer school today when this old man pulled out right in front of me. Disregarding the fact that he was probably 90 and senile, I laid on my horn and swerved around him. I glared at him and gave him an "Are you kidding me" look as I passed him in the other lane. Then just as fate always does when you do something stupid, I got stopped at the next stoplight and the white Oldsmobile pulled up right next to me. I saw him out of the corner of my eye and at first acted like I didn't see him. He then proceeded to lay on his own horn in a long, drawn out fashion. A smart alec after my own heart. I finally turned to my right making sure all of the windows were up in the car and mouthed the words "I can't hear you" as I pointed to my ear. This pissed him off even more so he began reving his engine like we were Diesel and Walker getting ready for a street race down Court Street. This made me start laughing as I watched his wife reach across the steering wheel, trying to calm him down. I wasn't about to let the dancing guy from the Six Flags commercials intimidate me. I mean it wasn't like I was squaring off with Brad Pitt. ("I mean have you seen Snatch and Fight Club?": A shout out to my Big Brother brethren). The light turned green and thankfully the van in front of me was quicker than the Jimmy John's delivery driver in his lane. I sped off, looking forward to another round with Peter O'Toole down the road. Somewhere he sits right now amongst his nursing home buddies playing bunco and relaying his run-in with the troubled youth of America.

No comments: