Friday, November 10, 2006

A D-list birthday

So last night for my birthday Rachel and I headed to Bloomington to see Kathy Griffin, who Rach absolutely loathes. I like her show on Bravo and have seen her various specials. However, I must admit that I didn't enjoy her live stand-up. First of all I knew I was in for it when in the first minute she screamed "Well we've taken back the House and the Senate." As the audience howled in approval I knew that my conservative, right wing-leaning butt was in the minority. How about that Aaron Schock victory? Anyone? She went through her whole barrage of celebrity stories, poking fun at Whitney Houston ("If even Courtney Love is saying you're messed up, then it's time to put down the crack pipe."), Paris Hilton ("She is without a doubt mildly retarded."), and Madonna ("When did she become more British than the royal family?"). Rachel was miffed because she had just commented on Madonna's accent two weeks ago and now thinks she deserves compensation for stealing her joke. The show seemed kind of stale to me and there is only so much you can hear about her feud with Ryan Seacrest. After you have heard her talk about sticking various items in her vagina 28 times it kind of loses its luster. The love affair with Kathy Griffin and her plastic face has now come to an end.

No comments: