Monday, February 25, 2008

When a period is only the beginning of the story

Tonight I headed up to Chicago to see Bon Jovi and Daughtry at the United Center. As usual, I got stuck sitting right next to the most annoying person in the building of 18,000 revelers. The woman came in wearing her ragged t-shirt from the Slippery When Wet tour of 1986. I'm sure this article of clothing fit nicely back in the day when she was a perky 25 year old. Now 20 years later it might be time to hang it up. It was fairly obvious from the start that she wasn't wearing a bra as her boobs were hanging lower than Mike Huckabee's chances of becoming our next president. To make matters worse, during the intermission she informed her friend rather loudly that her daughter had gotten her first period and proceeded to discuss the matter in great detail. I was tempted to lean over and ask politely, "Could you please hold off on the menstruation discussion at least until I finish my nachos?" It was brutal. I doubt I'll ever attend another concert where the phrase "sanitary napkin" is thrown around so loosely. Fingers crossed.

Set List
Lost Highway
You Give Love A Bad Name
Raise Your Hands
Runaway
Bounce
I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead
Captain Crash & The Beauty Queen From Mars
Misunderstood
In These Arms
Whole Lot Of Leaving
Born To Be My Baby
We Got It Goin’ On
It’s My Life
Bad Medicine/Shout
Stranger In This Town
(You Want To) Make A Memory
I’ll Be There For You
Till We Ain’t Strangers Anymore
Who Says You Can’t Go Home
Have A Nice Day
Keep The Faith
Livin’ On A Prayer

Encore
Someday I’ll Be Saturday Night
Wanted Dead Or Alive
I Love This Town

No comments: