Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Quenching the thirst

Each week my class has a different "star student." During that week they get to hang up their photographs on the bulletin board, be first in line for everything, and bring in show and tell items. But I guess the biggest perk is that I take them out for lunch one day at the spot of their choosing. Today this week's student chose McDonald's so we headed for the golden arches. After placing our order I asked him if he wanted any ketchup to go with his fries. He asked for five cups of ketchup which I thought was a bit much but oh well. We sat down and he started eating the fries. Later when he only had a few left I noticed the ketchup sitting on the table untouched. When I asked him about it he said "Oh ya I almost forgot" while reaching for his straw. After taking it out of his soft drink he placed it in one of the ketchup containers and began drinking the ketchup. It took everything in me to not vomit up my Chicken Selects. He proceeded to finish drinking all five cups and had the nerve to ask for even more. When I declined we went outside and headed back to school. Needless to say his breath smelled rank the rest of the day.

No comments: