Thursday, September 7, 2006

Guess what your grandchildren told me

This Sunday is Grandparents Day so my class is putting on a program for all of their grandparents tomorrow afternoon. We've made crafts, written letters, practiced skits, and worked on poetry. Here are just a few of the things I have been told by my students in the last few days:

* "I don't see my grandpa anymore because he decided he was gay and now he lives in Florida."

* When I asked a girl if her grandma was coming she replied, "Well I know that she would really want to but she died this summer."

* "My grandpa and grandma took us to see Cars and my grandpa fell asleep. Grandma said to let him sleep but in the middle of the movie he farted two times so we woke him up."

* While using each of the letters in "wonderful" to come up with a phrase to describe a grandparent I noticed that one boy had some unlikely words for the letter O. "Well my mom calls my grandpa an old fart all the time."

No comments: