Friday, September 1, 2006

Hit me with your best shot

So my final concert of the summer came last night when I went to Bloomington with my dad to see Pat Benatar. I skipped the VMAs which is kind of ironic because she was the first female artist ever to have a video on MTV (useless trivia that I can't seem to get rid of). Granted Benatar is one of those artists that haven't made a substantial contribution to the music industry in years and is basically getting by on the old hits (Elton John, Billy Joel, and the like). Yet there is no denying her talent. When you hear that raspy voice you know who it is. She put on an amazing show with all of her best loved songs. My only quibble would be with the length of the show. After less than a dozen songs she headed backstage before coming back for her encore. But for $35 I guess you can't expect a three hour Springsteen spectacular.

Set List
All Fired Up
Shadows of the Night
Sanctuary
Wide Awake In Dreamland
Invincible
We Live For Love
We Belong
Let's Stay Together
Hell Is For Children
Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Heartbreaker

Encore
Promises in the Dark
Love Is A Battlefield

No comments: