Monday, September 8, 2008

Lost shirts, demonic undertones, and a third grade Britney Spears

The other day one of the girls in my class was sick at home with a fever. To pass the time she laid on the couch sewing and stitching. (Are those two the same thing? It's so not my scene.) The next day she came in with a gift for me. She said that it was a label for me to sew onto the front of my shirt so in case it ever got lost someone would be easily be able to return it to me. If my name was Nate Richerson it would be a worthwhile idea.


We started working on some things for our Grandparents Day program coming up this week. One of the crafts the students are making is a flower with their faces in the center of it. So I took everyone's picture the other day and when I got them back this weekend one of them left me a little unsettled. In fact, it scared the crap out of me. It looks as though he wants to devour my soul. Judge for yourself.


And finally, I turned around at one point last week to see one of my students doing this. With a close-cropped haircut and some questionable parenting skills, he could have been Britney Spears circa 2007.

No comments: