Monday, June 12, 2006

Milwaukee, the nation's most annoying city

Why is it that wherever I go I always get stuck next to the most obnoxious people? Yesterday I journeyed to Miller Park in Milwaukee to watch the Cardinals/Brewers game. Let's just say I won't be making a return trip any time soon. The man sitting in front of me kept spewing forth these obscure Brewers statistics to his two sons. I mean did you know that pitcher Mike Caldwell led the American League in complete games in 1978 with 23? Now I do, and I also know everything I never cared to know about Teddy Higuera, Dave Nilsson, Moose Haas, Geoff Jenkins, and countless other players I've never even heard of. Meanwhile, the guy sitting next to me was diligently keeping track of the game by filling out his scorecard. The problem was that he was so focused on his scorecard that he wasn't keeping track of the game. Whenever he heard the crowd cheer he would lean over to ask what he just missed. I'm thinking about taking up a career in sports journalism after becoming his personal sportscaster for the day.

No comments: