Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Calm down

Ever since I dared to utter that I hated Rent I have been taken to task by numerous people. Given the flack that I have received you would have thought that I had just announced that I'm starring in my own sex tape with both Paris Hilton and Kid Rock (Why are either of those two "celebrities"?). People have told me that I need to watch it a second time. To those folks I'd like to say I've eaten the Fiesta Ranchera buffet, sat on the toilet the rest of the day, and never went back. One is about as appealing as the other. Some have said that I have a bias against Broadway shows and musical films. Anyone who knows me knows that this is untrue. As gay as it sounds I actually enjoy the theater. I've been lucky enough to see some of the greatest live shows in recent memory (The Phantom of the Opera, Wicked, Miss Saigon, Chicago, Les Miserables, The Lion King, etc.) In addition, one of my favorite films of the last five years is Moulin Rouge. To all of my Rent-heads I'm sorry I've crapped on your most hollowed of institutions. If they ever make a sequel with Julia Roberts, Sarah Jessica Parker, Halle Berry, and Keira Knightley count me in.

No comments: