Monday, February 27, 2006

Did I miss it?

Last night during a commerical break for Grey's Anatomy I was channel surfing when I came upon the closing ceremonies for the Olympics. The Olympics are already over? Where have I been? I've probably watched a combined thirty minutes of the games over the last two weeks. Basically the only things I know about the events from Torino is that Sasha the skater fell, Rolling Stone cover boy Bode Miller choked, two U.S. speedskaters argued during a press conference, and that red headed snowboarding kid is now making out with Lindsay Lohan. When I was a kid I loved the Winter Olympics. I'd sit in front of my 18 inch television transfixed on my favorite events, skiing, the luge, and yes even curling. I was the only boy in fourth grade that thought that pushing a round object and cleaning off its icy path with a broom was in fact a sport. Now that I'm older the Olympic spirit inside has died. I'd rather play with Ella on the floor and watch the same episode of There and Back for the 43rd time. (As a side note, if Ashley is so broke how does he have enough money to buy 15 dozen roses?)

No comments: