Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Song selection

On tonight's American Idol the contestants performed songs from the year of their birth. While watching Michael John's comeback (which honestly was just okay), Rachel asked me what song I would have picked. After Googling "1977 songs" I started sorting through the lists. If I knew that I would forever be attached to the year of "Dancing Queen" and "You Light Up My Life" I would have wedged myself in the birth canal for an extra eight weeks. After considering the choices for three minutes (two and a half minutes longer than it seems Ramiele Malubay takes to pick a song) here would have been my top five choices:

* Hotel California (The Eagles)
* Maybe I'm Amazed (Wings)
* Handy Man (James Taylor)
* Somebody To Love (Queen)
* Just The Way You Are (Billy Joel)

No comments: