Friday, October 12, 2007

Hi Chris!

Since the beginning of the school year every time I pass a first grade boy he always calls out "Hi Chris!" The first couple of times I just ignored him, thinking he was greeting someone else. But after he kept doing it I realized that he thought that was my name. So I just began saying hi to him every time our paths crossed in the hall. Today he was heading to the cafeteria as my class was getting ready to come back from there. I said hello to him as I ducked into the restroom. I sat down to go about my business when thirty seconds later his head poked under the partition. "Hi Chris!" he exclaimed with a huge smile on his face as though this is the most natural place for a conversation. Senator Larry Craig I'm not. All I could come up with was "I think you're supposed to be eating lunch right now buddy." He looked back at me with an "Oh ya" expression before saying goodbye. Let's just hope he doesn't go home tonight talking about seeing Chris' weiner.

No comments: