Monday, August 13, 2007

It's so over

Last night was the final stop on the old summer concert series. We went to the Illinois State Fair in Springfield to see Daughtry. I can't think of much to write about other than it was blazing hot outside in the grandstand. It got up to 99 degrees yesterday with the heat index well over 100. When I start getting the butt sweat you know it's bad. The concert itself was subpar at best. Daughtry himself seemed to just be going through the motions. Plus he felt the need to keep reminding us of how hot it was. Ya the smelly armpits to the left of me won't let me forget. The show plodded along so much so that I didn't even care he was onstage for only 55 minutes. This is my final trip to the state fair. I don't care if Paul and Ringo reunite for a tour. I'm not going. My idea of a good time is not wringing out your underwear before you hop back in the car.

Set List
Crashed

What I Want

Used To

It's Not Over

Gone

Breakdown

What About Now

Nutshell

Feels Like Tonight

Over You

Encore

Home

There And Back Again

No comments: