Wednesday, April 5, 2006

Letter from a rocket scientist

So this morning a girl in my class hands me a note from her mom. It read.....

"Mr. R - I have concerns about Vicki learning that Pluto is classified as a planet. In the last few years scientists have actually kicked it out of the planet club because its pattern of rotation is not the same as the rest of the planets in the solar system. Plus the scientists believe it is actually a broken piece of a larger planet like the moon is possibly a broken piece of the earth. It is hard to help her when what she is being taught is not what I learn in my GED class."

I mean c'mon already. I was kicked out of the Latin Club in high school and I never fully got over it. I can't imagine the insecurity issues that Pluto is nursing after being kicked out of the ultra exclusive Planet Club. Screw my Masters degree. Maybe I need to go back and get schooled for my GED.

No comments: